Contact: Janet Angelillo (914-245-9248)
"The Constitution of the Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish Council "
SETON PARISH COUNCIL
- Mrs. Janet Angelillo, Chairperson
- Mrs. Tere McCue-Fleming, Assistant Chairperson
- Mrs. Elizabeth Merriam, Secretary
- Fr. Adolfo Novio, Parochial Vicar (Ex-Officio)
- Deacon Michael Wilson, Parish Associate (Ex-Officio)
- Mr. James Scolaro, Parish Manager (Ex-Officio)
- Sr. Gabriel Miriam Obraz, S.C., Regional School Principal (Ex-Officio)
- Mrs. Sara Koshofer, CRE, (Ex-Officio)
- Mr. Niel Baccale, Parish Trustee (Ex-Officio)
- Mrs. Maureen Connolly, Parish Trustee (Ex-Officio)
- Mr. James Forbes, Finance Council Chairperson (Ex-Officio)
- Ms. Mary Arnold
- Mrs. Joanne Bertram
- Mrs. Gwen Briggs
- Mr. Brian Dever
- Mrs. Jackie Engelhart
- Mr. Walter Krisa
- Mrs. Eileen Kulp
- Mrs. Agnes Manganelli
- Mr. Matthew Parisi
- Mrs. Gracy Purekal
- Mrs. Jeanne Swick
Purpose of the Council:
- To be a consulting and advisory body to the Pastor for the good of the Parish.
- To help the Pastor discern, prioritize and implement solutions to the needs of our parish community.
- To help the various organizations, committees and/or commissions formulate and meet their yearly mission goals.
- To plan and help bring to fruition long-term goals for the parish as it seeks to involve and serve all parishioners and the whole of our community.
- To bring our parishioners closer together and grow our parish by encouraging community building activities and fuller participation in the temporal and spiritual missions of the parish.
- 12 members of the Parish selected by draw after public prayer in the Church.
- Up to 5 members appointed by the Pastor to reflect the make-up of the Parish and to include any needed expertise or experience.
- In addition to the above members will be the Clergy, Finance Council Chairperson, and certain employees of the parish, such as the Parish Facilities Manager, Religious Education Coordinator, and the School Principal et al. These will be ex officio members who can participate in dialogue but will not have a vote.
Requirements of members:
- Active members, in good standing in the Parish community
- Age 17 and above (or will be High School senior in the Fall)
- Members are expected to attend all meetings. 3 unexcused absences in one year will cause a member to be automatically removed from the Pastoral Council
- Initially, to achieve a 1/3rd turnover each year, 4 will have 3 year terms; 4 will have 2 year terms; and 4 will have 1 year terms. Thereafter, all will be selected for 3 years.
- Once per month except July and December - currently the last Monday of the month at 7:30pm in the Holland Room. (Check the bulletin in case of occassional necessary changes.)
Members (not including ex-officio members):
Three year term (selected in 2015):
- Gracy Purekal
- Mary Arnold
- Janet Angelillo
- Brian Dever
Three year term (selected in 2016):
Two year term (selected in 2015):
- Joanne Bertram
- Jackie Engelhart
- Elizabeth Merriam
- Jeanne Swick
- Walter Krisa
- Eileen Kulp
- Matthew Parisi
- Tere McCue-Fleming