Saturday, February 14, 2015, 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM
Annual Mass for the Sick with the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick. In this sacrament, the Church commends to the Lord those baptized Catholics who are dangerously sick so that He may relieve and save them. It can be administered to one who, after having reached the age of reason, begins to be in danger of death due to sickness or old age.
We welcome to receive the sacrament:
- those who are dangerously ill through sickness or old age
- a sick person...before surgery whenever the surgery is necessitated by a dangerous illness
- elderly people...f they are weak, though not dangerously ill
- sick children...sufficiently mature to be comforted by the sacrament
- sick people who have lost consciousness or who have lost the use of reason...if they would have requested it if they had been in possession of their faculties.
All are invited to attend.